*You know how IT folks always told you to "re-boot" your desktop or laptop if you had issues? Well, the same basic strategy is a good place to start with your iPhone or iPad. Here’s how to restart your iPad or iPhone:
- Hold the Sleep/Wake button until “slide to power off” appears.
- Slide to power off your device.
- When it is off, press the Sleep/Wake button to turn it back on.
- That’s it!
*That didn’t fix it? Whenever you close an app, it actually continues to run “in the background” so it will open faster the next time. In some cases, memory issues will lead to bizarre app behavior, so try “killing” that troublesome app from memory and then restarting it. Follow these steps:
- Press the Home button to return to the Home screen.
- Double-tap the Home button to display recent apps.
- Tap and hold TheoTour until the red minus appears.
- Tap the red minus to quit the app.
- Press the Home button, then tap the open again to open it.
*The last move is to simply delete that app and reinstall a “clean” copy:
- Touch and hold the app on the Home Screen until the icons start to wiggle.
- Tap the “x” in the corner of that app.
- Tap Delete to remove the application and all of its data from your device.
- Press the Home button.
- Go to the App Store (click HERE for a direct link).
- Download it again!